Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Merbean Tote




Hello Farm Friends! Today is my day to share on the Greeting Farm blog and I have  a mermaid theme project for you.  I was in need of a new library/book bag, as my previous had torn, so I took myself to the store to find a canvas tote. Now at first, it worked out fine but I soon realized that it was much too drab and boring for my books - plus it was getting lost among all my market bags- so I came up with this. I blew up Leela Merbean in a word document and printed her out, several times. I then cut out the image in several stages and used them as templates to get the image and paint on the tote. Now, to make it a little easier for myself, I ignored her crown and didn't add it to the tote.  I created a bit of scenery and gave her a pink ocean to swim in. To finish the tote, I wrote in one of Melville's quote that is inspiring and on point with the ocean life.
Her merpal, Coralina Merbean was used for the "if lost, please return to" tag seen on the upper right side. She was printed on heavy watercolor 140lb paper to make sure that the tag will uphold to the wear and tear that is to follow.  I hope that my project inspires you to use your images in fun and funky ways.
Thanks for stopping by!




SUPPLIES
Images: The Greeting Farm (Digi section) - Leela Merbean, Coralina Merbean
Medium: Martha Stewart paint (for tote), Winsor & Newton watercolor tubes (for tag)
Canvas Tote - Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store, Twinery Twine, Yarn.


No comments: