Friday, October 12, 2012

Fun Farm Challenges Happening on the TGF Blog


Hey there, Happy Friday!!! I know It's been quiet on the ol' blog but that doesn't mean it's been quiet at my crafty desk. Lol, well actually it has been a little. I was staring at this mess for a few days but it's a cute mess, right? Lol! Anyways let's get on with it, shall we :) Warning: Picture Heavy.

----------
This week brought several new challenges over at the Farm blog. First off is our Double-Take Tuesdays challenge, which is a brand new challenge that began last week. For these challenges we will either have a sketch challenge or a color challenge for you. 

This weeks Double-Take Tuesdays challenge was a Color Challenge. Use the colors Yellow, Aqua, Grey and White. I really loved this color combo because it was outside my comfort zone and I ended up using a base color I normally wouldn't. I used the new adorable Bright Bean because I just love coloring them up with different hair colors and this time was no exception. 




------------
Moving onto our monthly challenge... the Retro-Fresh Challenge for this month is, "I Want Candy!" Now it may seem as it was Halloween oriented but it wasn't :) As long as your project involves a candy theme and you use an older TGF stamp then you're good to go.  

For my project I created a chocolate bar slider. I saw this awesome treat container last year on the Tickled Pink Stamps blog. Debbie, one of the Pink girls, created one and was kind enough to write up a tutorial. If you give it a go, make sure you have a sturdy base and prepare to toss away the first or second attempt. Not that I did that. Lol.

I used the adorable Spooktacular digi set. You get all the little ghouls and monsters in this set so it is perfect for all your Halloween needs. 

 


Entering this candy holder in:
(The picture of the treat holder goes with the picture of my messy desk)
Designed to Color - Halloween Week

----------
And finally, today, begins a new Farm Fresh Friday Challenge. The theme is Buttons and Bows. This theme was right up my alley as I love using buttons and the occasional bows :) I used one of the Anyas from the new Miss Anya Scarves. I love these new miss anyas because a) I do (lol) and b) they are perfect for seasonal cards/projects (not just Christmas but also winter related). 



I'm entering this in: 
Stamp and Create - Winter Wonderland
Simon Says Stamp - Dies and/or Punches

I hope you have a great Friday and are enjoying the new transitioning weather. Thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Blankina said...

Wow, you have made great cards/projects...And the bow is so pretty on the last card.
Have a nice weekend!

HUgs Blankina

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous creations Jessica :-) all of them are absolutely fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are some really great projects! Your coloring is fabby! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

3 Girl JAM said...

Oh my goodness Jess! Every single one of your projects are fabulous!! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!

JulieK
http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cheri said...

The candy bar slider is such a cute idea. I really love the ribbon and bow you used in the final project as well. Thanks so much for joining the "anything goes" challenge at 3 Girl JAM.

Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, I have to say. . . .you certainly made up for it. These are all fabulous.
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

jessica said...

WOW!! What gorgeous projects!!!
TFS and linking up over at the 3 Girl Jam Challenge Blog! Would love to see you join in our next challenge starting tomorrow :)
Jessica
3GJ~DT