Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Companion Challenge: Gift Cocoa

** This is my 2nd post. Please scroll down for Whimsical Wednesday **

This week I will be Cristina's Companion and I'm excited to be it. I really like this week's challenge because I think it can lead to fun, creative ways of giving a co-worker or friend a mini gift/stocking stuffer. I also like it because I think it is an unexpected gift. We are programmed to give cookies, candy, chocolates or even coffee and tea as holiday gifts but never really cocoa (at least for me). As you know, the challenge this week is to find a creative way to gift Cocoa. This became challenging because every time I came up with an idea, I always went for other food items. So after several rough drafts I came up with these 2 simple ways to gift cocoa. They are both mass producible and easy to put together. One, however, is a lot more expensive than the other but that one can always be for a special person.

To find all the details for this challenge and to join in, head on over to Crafting with Cristina.

Picture 1: My 2 simple versions for Gifting Cocoa 

Picture 2: Project 1
The mug can be replaced with any mug that you like. Also, you can wrap up the whole thing with cellophane and give it like that. I didn't do that here because I didn't want to cover up the gift.

Picture 3: This is what I added to the inside of the mug.
Small packet of cookies.
Small packet of marshmallows (use minis).
Bag of Cocoa (your choice of flavor, brand, etc)

Picture 4: All items packaged up and wrapped by bow and tag

Picture 5: Tag (can be open and written inside)
Card Feature - Smiley Faces Cartridge
Size: 3 inches
Gingerbread Man - Smiley Faces Cart
Size: 2.5 inches
Frame - Once Upon A Princess
Size: 2.75 inches 

Picture 6: Project 2
Tag Envelope - Tags, Bags, Boxes & More
Size: 6.5 inches

Picture 7: Back of the Tag/Envelope

Picture 8: Sentiment with layers - Winter Woodland
Size: 3 inches

Picture 9: Surprise Project (3)
This is another super simple project. You use a bag that has a shape of a carrot (can use bags that look like they are for pipping), fill it up to your pleasure. Seal it and tie a bow around it. Then add a cute tag, if you wish. Easy-Peezy

My goal for this project was to give you some simple options.
With Project 1, you can add or take away what ever you like. The cookies, marshmallows can be change - you can add chocolate chips or bits of candy cane. The options are limitless.

With Project 2, it is simple and straight forward. You can change the sentiment and add a different one or use an image. You can make it for Christmas or Thanksgiving, or really any occasion. And if you like, you can you use the paper you least like because it will be covered up with an image.

If you have any questions regarding this project or any other, feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email.

Thanks for stopping by/commenting.

3 comments:

365 Days of Cricut said...

WOW!!! THis is so great! Very pofessional looking. I love it, I may have to scraplift LOL!

Unknown said...

Very nice idea. You did a great job.

Stephanie

DonnaMundinger said...

Love these Jess! What fun little gifties! xxD