Sunday, October 3, 2010

Robot Dog (PKS)

I'm back with a quick post. I have been wanting to play along with Peechy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog for a while now but I kept missing the deadline. I had originally began this robot dog for one of their previous challenge but I got as far as cutting my dog and gluing him together. This time they have a sketch to follow and you must use kraft paper - which is a first for me. I know, right? But I finally got on the bandwagon :)  With their sketch, making this dog come alive became possible and easier for me.

Picture 1: I added the birthday hat to his tail to give him a minor silly effect.
The outside sentiment says, " 'Bot dog Hugs..."

Picture 2: I used scraps for the inside of the card. I borrowed this idea from Dorcas. She likes to layer her scraps to give the card a more layered look and to reduce her scrap pile at the same time.

Picture 3: Closeup of some minor shading. When using my Prismacolors I can add a bit of light and dark.

Thanks for stopping by/commenting.
Don't forget to come back. I will be posting more fun Halloween projects.

5 comments:

Dorcas said...

The detail is fabulous! I love this paper! This is so cute! Love it! Loved hopping with you! Have a great day!
~Dorcas

Dorcas said...

ps. your welcome. I smile everytime I read your comments. Your so sweet! Thank you!

LesleyfromWI said...

Super cute....love the color combo!

Georgiana said...

This is marvelous. I LOVE it! The colors are so vibrant and I adore dogs!

Georgiana :)

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute thanks for sharing!!!