Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday Season Has Begun

Yay!!!! I finally got my cricut. I'm really excited!! I have a lot of scrapbooking pages that I need to work on. Wait, let me rephrase that, I have a lot of scrapbooking albums that I need to work on. I am hoping to finish an album before the year is over.


Picture 1: The front of the card and a personalized envelope.

Picture 2: The inside of the card

Onto the post...

Birthday season has officially begun. I have a total of 7 birthday cards that I want to finish. So far Im def done with 1 (which is the one on the post) and the 2nd one, I just need to clean it up (which I will post later.)

This is a Strawberry cupcake card that I made for my niece that turned 8 on Saturday. Her party theme was Pink & Purple Cupcakes. I wanted to use those colors and use one of her favorite fruits (strawberries). I am also entering this card in 2 blog challenges:

Doodle Palace - Use Strawberries
Bitten By The Bug 2 - Use a Sun cut. I cheated a little on this one. I used the Sun cut from the Hello Kitty cart. I liked it because it doesnt look like a sun when a diff color of paper is used. The HK sun is the pink star that card is made up of.

Thanks for stopping by/commenting!!
I also apologize for the bad quality of the pictures. I had to take them with my iPhone.

4 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Such fun shape and nice big strawberry! Thanks for joining over at DP and good luck in the draw!
-Stacie

greenchick said...

Great card! I also like the other card you made. Thanks 4 sharing.
lovnmystuff.blogspot.com

**Treefrog** said...

OMGosh I just LOVE this, so CUTE! And what a great sun you used I just love it and so cute for a little girl! I just love Hello Kitty too and I too have lots of B-Day cards to do in the next couple of months so thanks for inspiring me to get it in gear! LOL Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!
((Hugs)) Theresa

DonnaMundinger said...

This is soooo cute! I love the HK cart and love how you've done the outline of the strawberry inside. Great job using the sun cut. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Hope to see you again. xxD